Instead of asking "How was school today?", here are my best questions to provoke kindness....
1. Who did you sit with at lunch today?
2. Who did you ask to sit with you?
3. Was anyone sitting alone?
4. Do you like to sit alone?
5. How were you a friend today?
6. If someone's mom said, "tell me about so and so," what would they say about you?
7. Who did you include or invite on the playground?
8. Who needs to be included or invited or spoken to?
9. Who was kind to you?
10. How were you surprised today?
Our questions guide the thinking which in turns guides the actions and that, my friend, is the building of a lovely child.